Engineering Project Manager
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire Engineering Project Managers.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Thought Machine are hiring new Engineering Project Managers, who will report to the Director of Programme Management and be responsible for overseeing a rapidly growing Engineering Division (currently over 150). Engineering Delivery Managers oversee all delivery of 20 development teams, helping establish best practice and helping Thought Machine build a lightweight scalable framework for expansion and growth.
- Managing the timelines, communication, and coordination of complex multi-team, multi-month engineering projects.
- Being engaged and energetic, helping to drive continuous improvement across the Engineering organisation in a very fast paced and dynamic environment
- Being a true servant leader, supporting and influencing the Engineering teams to help build happy, productive teams
- Ensuring that engineering delivery is on-track with the committed roadmap, managing any delays and escalations.
- Coordinating engineering capacity across: internal product R&D, defect remediation, and client projects.
- Communicating engineering changes to the wider organisation (pre-sales, client teams, etc).
- Working day-to-day with engineering leads in the company to improve how we plan, write, and deliver software.
- Helping develop best practices across the engineering team
- Experience working as an Agile PM or Coach in a servant leader capacity within a top tier technology company, helping drive development of a highly competitive product
- Excellent problem solving and business process engineering skills
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and acute emotional intelligence
- Excellent organisational, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience working in an engineering organisation to deliver software projects in a light weight Agile inspired fashion
- Knowledge of engineering best practices, delivery methodologies, and technology.
- Knowledge or experience of the retail banking industry or finance.
- A technical degree, or professional experience of working as an engineer.
- Experience in a B2B product company.
- Experience working in a company with a client delivery / professional services arm.
- Experience in continuous integration/delivery, SaaS and cloud computing.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, breakfast and drinks
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!