Business Analyst - Singapore
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Business Analysts.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: it's reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
This is a key role within Thought Machine which links the engineering and client engagement functions. As a business analyst, your role will be to understand customers’ requirements, consulting them on how best to use and maximise the value they get from Thought Machine products, and provide guidance to the engineering teams and your project team on the customer’s needs, throughout implementation.
- Consult and educate customers and implementation partner teams on the capabilities of Vault and how the system enables a bank to deliver financial services and achieve its business goals
- Provide advice and guidance on required functionality needed by Vault and from other systems to facilitate desired capabilities
Understanding Customer Needs and Requirements
- Understand, elicit and analyse customer requirements, and tracking and maintaining these in the backlog
- Being the voice of the customer in the design and build process, producing specifications and continuous support and feedback to engineering teams
- Identify product gaps and feature requests, capturing and raising these to be taken through the product feature request process
- Ensuring high quality and acceptability of requirements, championing Thought Machine standards to allow the design of a solution that addresses a customer’s underlying business needs
Managing Scope & Priorities
- Within planned work identify where highest value can be delivered and prioritise scope against requirements, against effort involved
- Ensure that the deliverables stay on track and stay within the product and solution architecture boundaries, while facilitating customer feedback and knowledge sharing from customer to product development
Project Delivery & Sprint Coordination:
- Track the constituent work in your project, ensuring that they are released to plan, that teams are aligned and blockers are unblocked
- Working with customers and engineering teams to plan sprints and managing day to day sprint communication and reporting
- Guiding and assisting in QA and acceptance testing of your deliverables, ensuring that they are of high quality and satisfy our customer’s needs
- Ability to learn how Thought Machine’s products work at both a product feature level and at a technical level, understanding the system and component interactions that enable product functionality, integrations, and ultimately a bank’s capabilities
- Analytical approach and mindset with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong business analysis fundamentals: requirements elicitation and analysis, artefact creation (specifications, interaction and process diagrams) and solution consulting
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex products and software to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to understand customers underlying needs, exercise good commercial judgement and prioritisation, and propose solutions to complex technology and business problems
- Ability to operate in, and bring structure to, unstructured or ambiguous environments to enable the project to succeed
- Experience of delivering software/technology projects into enterprise environments (a plus if into financial institutions)
- Understanding of a range of banking functions (for example: payments, financial engineering, accounting, reporting, compliance, operations, etc.), and/or financial products, end-to-end, at least at a high level
- Experience with or understanding of the principles of agile methodologies
- Experience working directly with software engineering or product development teams
- Experience operating in an engineering-driven product company, platform or B2B software vendor, or environments focussed on developing and delivering back-end technologies/software
- We find that having the following technical skills (or appetite to learn) can be beneficial in this role:
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and how software is built
- Experience working with and understanding of APIs to deliver integrated software and services
- Ability to understand and illustrate functional architectures and interaction diagrams for software systems
- Ability to read or write code
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.