Thought Machine employs a state of the art continuous deployment software methodology to manage and deploy all of its software. It faces unique challenges of deployment & management of multiple customer environments and hence is looking for experienced individuals who can manage this release process end to end.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that the main weekly release happens in a reliable and timely fashion.
- Responsibility for releases to senior management and customers.
- Management of multiple environments, both customer-facing and internal.
- Continuously monitor deployment of new features, test status, general health of the system and progress of releases.
- Managing production of release notes to be presented to Thought Machine’s customers.
- Leading continuous process improvement in the release cycle, including analysis of previous performance & post-mortems where necessary.
- Management of dashboards and other metrics and tools which monitor the release.
- Working with engineers & stakeholders to understand shortcomings in the process & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in agile continuous deployment of software.
- Experience of deployment of software to cloud computing platforms.
- Ability to work well across teams, with software engineers, commercial team and project teams.
- Good judgement of risk and commercial and technical priorities. Ability to manage competing requirements in meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of modern cloud computing technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, etc.
- Familiarity of managing software deployment & maintenance with multiple customers and at multiple versions.