Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of IT Security Operation Engineers.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
As an IT Security Engineer, you will be part of the security team and support the IT team in looking after the security of the corporate space. You will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring and management of IT corporate security tools and processes in line with Thought Machine security standards and ISO 27000 certification control requirements.
- Automate administrative security tasks.
- Comfortable conducting administrative hands-on tasks when required.
- Ability to switch context, prioritize, own and complete security operational tasks.
- Analyse potential cyber threats from a variety of intakes taking appropriate response actions to include threat containment and/or escalation.
- A good understanding of networks, security and patch management.
- Provide guidance for security practices across the organisation.
- Identify and help fix security gaps in the organisation’s networks, devices, policies and procedures.
- Provide awareness and security training when required.
- Automate the security management of OSS based corporate infrastructure.
- Good Linuxlinux administration experience.
- Security Device Patching, Patch Management and Server hardening methodologies and software.
- Conduct periodic user access control assessments
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills & customer-facing skills
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python
- SME Cisco network management
- Secure Web Filtering & Data Loss Protection
- ISO 27000 security controls requirements
- Mobile Device Management
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.