Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Compliance Manager.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Reporting to the CFO, this newly created role will be responsible for defining our financial regulation roadmap, working closely with engineering, delivery and product teams as well as having exceptional stakeholder management due to dealing with banks on a global scale.
- Defining Thought Machine’s financial regulation roadmap, working closely with Thought Machine’s engineering, product and delivery teams to ensure Vault is built so as to meet external requirements and internal policies.
- Establishing a monitoring framework to identify regulation and regulatory developments relevant to Vault and Thought Machine.
- Leading the expansion of Thought Machine’s compliance function, building out the team, creating new policies and updating existing policies.
- Liaising with key external (e.g. customers, regulators, advisors) and key internal (e.g. finance, operations, legal) stakeholders as required in the context of a rapidly changing and fast growing environment.
- In-depth knowledge of financial services regulation in the UK, with working knowledge of additional relevant jurisdictions in North America, the EU and/or Asia.
- 10+ years’ experience working within a Tier 1 bank’s compliance function.
- 10+ years’ experience working with bank regulators.
- Ability to work within a cross functional environment particularly with engineering, product and delivery functions.
- High energy and the desire to work in a fast moving environment.
- Sufficient proficiency in systems and process design so as to provide requirements to engineering and delivery teams.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.