Director of Communications
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and are looking to hire a Director of Communications to join our commercial team.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role. The role of Director of Communications will lead the internal and external communications of Thought Machine and act as a brand guardian, evolving and protecting the brand identity and its application.
Internally, the role holder will drive employee engagement, helping raise awareness and understanding of the firm’s strategy, key messages, company news and appointments as well as keeping employees in the loop on important projects and milestones. The role holder will be a communications expert, supporting senior stakeholders in communicating plans and delivery whilst improving the channels in which they are delivered.
Externally, the position leads on the creation of a range of public, and customer facing materials. From sales collateral to press releases, from campaigns to thought leadership, the role holder will use their strong communication skills to create a broad range of content that educates, inspires or entertains and positioning the firm in the best way possible to influence our target audience. You will own key social media channels, ensuring the best voice of the firm in the public domain. You will protect and evolve the brand, ensuring consistency and quality of message and execution.
- Responsible for building our approach to industry analyst relations
- Drive employee engagement through regional communication plans, raising awareness and understanding of key messages and events.
- Support effective internal communications with management to ensure employees feel valued, respected, listened to and empowered.
- Develop our communication channels across both digital and print platforms, including the internal intranet, social media, newswires, CMS and the website.
- Support our senior stakeholders in communication plans and delivery.
- Working with subject matter experts to improve our customer facing content across the website, news articles, case studies, sales collateral and social media.
- Develop content calendars and schedules to ensure our content is planned ahead of time for best effect, aligned to wider business and marketing priorities and campaigns.
- Support corporate communications and PR, aiding in the construction of key company announcements and the development and dissemination of press releases.
- Selecting and working with the right agencies to improve the quality, volume and impact of our communications.
- 7+ years marketing communication experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Desktop publishing, word processing, electronic direct mail, and intranet skills preferred but training can be provided.
- Knowledge of IT Technology of banking industry preferred but not essential
- Good presentation skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude, willing to roll the sleeves up and get involved
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with senior stakeholder
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.