Global Director of Recruitment
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and are looking to hire a Director of Communications to join our commercial team.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role. The role of Global Director of Recruitment will be to lead the recruitment strategy and growth of Thought Machine.
We are looking for an exceptional Global Recruitment Director to develop and manage our recruiting strategies as we scale from 300 employees to 1000+ in Asia, North America, and Europe over the coming few years. The successful applicant for this role will be a strategic and inspiring leader, seeking to improve our hiring processes to ensure they are scalable, innovative and efficient.
- Manage the long-range view on talent market and skills availability in various regions and develop strategies to deal with this
- Develop, implement and manage the global sourcing strategy and model, including career site; external recruitment agencies and early careers hiring
- Develop and ensure an effective EVP and communication strategy in place
- Act as the global functional expert and own the functional development path for recruiters to build, train and manage a global team of recruitment experts
- Understand the legislative environment relating to recruitment globally and adapt internal processes accordingly
- Develop and evolve an Inclusion strategy for the business, ensuring we recruit and retain a talented and diverse workforce
- Establish and monitor resource plans, SLA’s and recruitment budgets, reporting on ROI and candidate experience
- Establish and maintain working relationships with external recruitment agencies and head-hunters ensuring best service levels are negotiated, maintained and renewed when appropriate
- Design, implement and manage sourcing processes for external and internal candidate identification, management, interview and assessment and salary authorisation ensuring it is time and cost effective and maximises the candidate experience
- Proven track record in growing an impactful recruitment function in a scale-up or tech organisation, using innovative sourcing strategies and instilling best practice
- You possess knowledge in multiple areas of recruitment methodology (attraction, branding, interview and selection)
- Proven understanding of recruitment success metrics, KPI's and use of data
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of employment and recruitment legislation
- You have experience leading an international recruitment team across multiple sites
- Expert in-depth knowledge of the external market and industry trends
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs)
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.