Director of Product Management
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Director of Product Management.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Thought Machine is seeking to hire a Director of Product Management. Since the company was founded, the CEO and CTO have set the product vision, but with increasingly complex product offering and bank engagement, we have need of a full time senior person in this role.
As Thought Machine scales to a global technology company the product manager will handle key aspects of the organisation of product delivery and act as the liaison and central coordinator for information and decisions.
- Collate feature requests from customers and assess how requests in terms of existing capabilities and roadmap
- Manage roadmap by managing top down commercial requirements and bottom up engineering build.
- Engage in requirements gathering sessions with banks and be able to marry a bank's requirements and terminology with Thought Machine's internal engineering plans.
- Coordinate features planning across clients and core projects.
- Produce professional documentation and communication to clients, partners and internal teams.
- Experience of Product Management in a B2B technology company.
- Deep knowledge of banking industry technology and terminology.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders from across the organisation, often with competing aims, to achieve a clear and agreed roadmap.
- Excellent presentation skills: written, schematic and verbal.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a SaaS cloud computing deployment environment.
- Experience working in a top tier technology company and working with development of a highly competitive product.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!