Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Finance Analyst.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst will manage the financial close of assigned Corporate entities in accordance with prescribed monthly deadlines and play a key role in ensuring key day-to-day financial reconciliation and reporting activities are completed to enable the Company’s Leadership Team to make sound business decisions and meet the
- Management of Finance Close for assigned Corporate entities, in accordance with prescribed deadlines
- Provision of reports and insights to Finance Management and the LeadershipTeam
- Support the Finance Team in understanding and maintaining the financial health of the organisation
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and provide variance analyses on the company’s actual performance compared to business plans
- Work with Company’s out-sourced providers in relation to key aspects of the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Correspond with other departments as required to gain necessary insight and understanding of financial data and financial information
- Newly qualified or final stage in professional qualification
- 4-5years experience as a Financial or Management Accountant, in a fast growth, multi-national tech business
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to work under tight deadlines, multi-task and always ensure appropriate financial processes are being adhered to
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and basic accounting principles
- Education to BS/MA degree level
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, breakfast and drinks
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.