Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading Fin-Tech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Service Manager.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: it's reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
The Service Manager will be working closely with the Client Servicing Lead to help deliver exceptional levels of service to our clients along with our engineering teams to provide ongoing production support for our core banking software.
- Progressing incidents with engineering in line with agreed service levels.
- Part of on-call rota to provide 24x7 validation of tickets and incident management to clients.
- Ticket management ensuring clients are updated on progress, timeframes and resolution plans.
- Responsible for ongoing management of service management runbooks.
- Produce Service Procedures Manuals with clients, ensuring understanding and agreement.
- Ensure support engineering rotas are up to date and functional.
- SLA Performance reporting.
- Primary production support escalation point.
- Production of RCA reports within agreed service levels.
- Broad technical knowledge and ability to learn new technologies.
- Incident Management and Service Delivery Management experience.
- The ability to coordinate technical “on-call” engineering teams 24x7 and ensure all incidents are accurately captured, prioritised and effectively managed.
- Experience managing business critical incidents.
- Problem solving and analytical skills..
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of ITIL best practices.
- Experience working in a fast paced software development environment.
- Experience of ITSM service desk tools and associated reporting.
- Knowledge of banking industry..
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.