Technical Analyst - Singapore
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Technical Analysts for our Singapore office.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
This is a key role within Thought Machine, operating at a comprehensive technical level, engaging with engineering to understand the impact of technical changes and ensuring the successful delivery of our clients’ requirements.
The Technical Analyst interacts with Clients, Business Analysts and Engineers, performing the crucial task of translating business requirements into detailed software solutions and specifications.
- Analysing and validating business requirements, translating into technical specifications/requirements.
- Evaluating core platform changes versus client specific requests.
- Implementing Vault workflows and Python smart contract code from client requirements (Software Engineering).
- Designing client solutions / architecture.
- Collaborating with engineering, obtaining a deep technical understanding of Vault and associated roadmap.
- Co-ordinating impact and requirements across projects.
- Supporting client staging and development instances.
- Understanding, investigating, resolving client technical queries.
- Prioritising and managing backlog and sprint planning.
- Conducting post mortems and defect management on technical issues.
- Participating in testing, release cycles and QA processes relating to client deployments.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate solutions.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience writing software.
- Experience analysing requirements, creating specifications and working with engineering functions to implement solutions.
- Desire and ability to learn and work with engineers to evolve the technical aspects of Vault.
- Delivering technology projects into financial institutions, or enterprise firms.
- With the following tech stack: Python, Go, Java, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK Stack, AWS, Google Cloud and other Cloud Technologies.
- Following Agile software delivery framework
- In client-facing integration, implementation engineering or solution architecture roles, in B2B software product companies.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.