Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Partnerships Manager.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Partnerships are a crucial part of Thought Machine’s technology and business operations. As Partnerships Manager you will:
- Manage engagement with technology vendors with the aim of offering our clients a compelling, complete banking ecosystem
- Work with strategy and financial services consultancies to develop cloud computing and digital banking propositions and work within banks to deliver these.
- Work with system integrator partners to build out banking deployments.
You will be expected to identify, qualify and recruit new partners and develop these relationships, as well as building commercial constructs.
- You will create, develop and own key business relationships and drive the ultimate success of partner projects; identifying and implementing business development and partnership initiatives to further our rapid growth.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partners; covering starting new relationships and maintaining existing relationships.
- Develop, structure and close partnership deals with target partner organisations that deliver enduring value to the business.
- Coordinate the involvement of Thought Machine personnel, including sales, account management, and marketing resources, to meet partnership objective.
- Define strategies, including specific plans for individual partners, to deliver long-term sustainable growth.
- You will be the face of Thought Machine with key partners, building engagement and marketing campaigns and will, therefore, need impeccable presentation skills with the gravitas necessary to present Thought Machine properly and credibly to senior stakeholders.
- Provide demos and technical briefs to our partners
- Experience with commercial and contract negotiations.
- Commercial business development or previous partnerships experience with a track record of achieving commercially successful outcomes.
- Experience working with Financial Institutions, especially Banks, and deep knowledge of Bank products, processes, and systems.
- Ability to understand and articulate customer needs effectively and in detail to drive good customer outcomes.
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design.
- We believe that someone with previous Partnership Management experience within Fintech / Banking (Retail and Business) or Consultancy would be a great fit for this role. Ideally from a strategy or advisory background, with excellent knowledge of computing and core banking systems.
- This role is client facing so confidence in presenting is essential. We would hope to find a confident, proactive self starter with a willingness to learn and develop.
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, breakfast and drinks
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.