Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a HR Administrator.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Having recently recruited a HR Director, we are looking to further build out the People & Recruitment Teams to support our ambitious growth plans. This is a new role and the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting initiatives across the entire employee lifecycle. Ideally CIPD qualified (or part way through), this is an ideal opportunity to gain valuable experience working for an ambitious, London based, growth stage technology business who truly value their employees.
- Support delivery of core HR Processes (recruitment, performance, development, pay reviews and progression, absence, disciplinary & grievances), liaising with stakeholders, collating and summarising data.
- HR information support, ensuring HR systems are kept up to date, supporting new hire process, position management, training attendance etc and consolidating key operational data to support decision making in the business.
- Coordination of recruitment activities including;
- Arranging interviews
- Meeting and greeting candidates before and after interviews
- Recruitment administration / keeping ATS up to date
- Collating interview feedback after events
- Supporting the delivery of HR projects, including the design of communication and training materials, setting up calls and meetings to enable delivery. Initial projects you will get involved in:
- Developing an approach to ensuring high performance across the business, to include; providing guidance on giving regular feedback, developing managerial competence in managing performance and coaching managers on performance issues.
- Developing a comprehensive onboarding processes, that ensures all new hires have sufficient technical skills, understanding of the industry, business and our products, as well as maximum engagement of the organisation as it grows.
- Measuring employee satisfaction, identifying areas that require improvement and supporting change efforts through the business.
- Researching best approach and implementing a training and development agenda; identify priority areas that need attention and improvement.
- Preparing approach to pay and progression, to include pay budgets, implementing pay structure revisions, approach to conducting periodic pay surveys, scheduling and conducting job evaluations
- HR related Degree or Masters, CIPD accredited (or part way through)
- You will be keen to step up and get involved in projects. You will genuinely be able to collaborate with others, highlighted through your strong listening skills as well as being a proven influencer. This involves being able to create push back when necessary and solve problems successfully to provide the best possible outcome.
- The ideal candidate will have strong administrative skills, will have high attention to detail and be able to work under pressure effectively.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
- You will have excellent communication skills, and be able to build rapport quickly across all levels of the organisation.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team.
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- An interest in training, development and building organisational cultures.
- Autonomy and ability to shape your role and the culture of the organisation.
- Being part of an ambitious team, who will focus on your growth and development.
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a well-funded, successful business who is seeking to transform the finance industry.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!