Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Technical Recruiter.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.Thought Machine are growing our People function, and are looking for a Technical Recruiter to join our team, reporting to the Director of Recruitment. This is an exciting opportunity for someone hungry for development in a high-growth scaleup.
You’ll have a strong track record working either in agency and in-house and will be used to working in a fast paced environment.
- Working closely with our Engineering and Delivery teams to understand recruitment needs and achieve ambitious recruitment goals
- Developing tailored strategies for hiring across different roles and levels – e.g. students, interns, experienced hires etc
- Promoting Thought Machine and our employee value proposition among prospective candidates
- Together with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring best practice resourcing methods are used;
- Managing senior stakeholders within the business to ensure the smooth running of process, right fit candidates and high levels of engagement with their teams;
- Behaving as a role model for change and performance improvement;
- Producing insights and fact-based evidence that enable improved decision making within and external to your business area;
- Managing KPI’s for a team of in-house commercial recruiters
- 1+ years’ experience in recruiting across engineering roles
- In-house or agency experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – able to manage candidates through the recruitment process in a way that is efficient, friendly, trusting and respectful
- Comfortable with numbers and monitoring recruiting KPI’s
- Advance sourcing techniques
- Highly organised – able to stay on top of the recruitment process for each candidate
- Able to balance both the day-to-day recruitment as well as participate in strategic projects
- Hungry to find the best possible talent – ambitious, driven, hardworking and uncompromising
- Experience recruiting for a technology company, or in financial services
- Recruiting for a high-growth scale-up
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge rage of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.