Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Legal Counsel
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Thought Machine are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our growing legal team. Working with our Commercial Leadership team, you will prepare analyse and counsel on a wide variety of commercial matters.
The Legal Counsel will drive issues to a resolution empowering growth, collaboration and process efficiency along the way.
- Lead on the negotiation of a wide range of complex commercial contracts, with a focus on software licensing agreements.
- Collaborate and interact with the company’s sales, operations and finance functions with specific emphasis on all areas related to sales and licensing.
- Advise internal teams on legal and business issues
- Engage with the wider legal team to provide diligence and insight into current contracts
- Evaluate, communicate and propose solutions for any potential risk associated with contracts, regulations, compliance financial and legal
- Assist with closing of venture capital fundraising rounds and international expansion.
- Contribute to process improvement driving efficiency within the legal department
- Conduct legal research and keep on top of new industry relevant legislation
- Operating as a mid-level associate with experience gained in a leading firm.
- Demonstrable experience of technology related work (e.g. software licensing agreements) as well as general commercial matters. Knowledge of financial services regulation will be highly advantageous
- Ability to manage complex transactions with proven negotiation skills.
- Confident communicator with the ability to engage at all levels of seniority
- Experience in working for a top tier Law Firm
- In-house or secondment experience in a start-up or growth stage company will be looked upon favourably.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, breakfast and drinks
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.