We are looking to hire a Back End Engineer to join the Thought Machine Labs team. The Labs department within Thought Machine has evolved over the last 5 years and turned into a team of designers and engineers who have access to their own instance of Vault to materialise experiences of the future. These range from applications that help customers pay off their mortgage quicker, through to IoT devices to help children understand pocket money and more recently a game world to help people save money. The cloud native core banking platform of Vault is enabling Labs to communicate a new norm for experiences within the finance industry. The department is increasingly investing in new technologies to experiment with and discover possibilities that go beyond the traditions that plague retail banking today.
We are looking for someone with engineering depth and experience as well as a natural curiosity to want to play and fiddle with projects. You will need to be ready to collaborate with designers and engineers across various disciplines and levels to create transformative products. An autonomous working approach and an open mindset that is sometimes away from standard architectural patterns is valuable to us.
- Collaborate with the Labs team to define the scope and technical execution for various projects.
- Design, implement and develop scalable, performant services using best practices.
- Write automated unit tests and integration tests.
- Managing and debugging your deployments from testing environments all the way to production.
- Experience programming with Golang.
- Familiar with relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience in containerisation using Docker and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Designing APIs for web and mobile apps.
- Experience with client/server software architectures & networking, or microservice architectures.
- Experience in developing automated tests as an integral part of the development cycle.
- Interest in working on client-facing projects, conducting scoping and defining deliverables.
- Interest or experience in hardware (Arduino / Raspberry Pi) from an electronics or software perspective.
- Knowledge of banking/finance.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud providers.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who taken a journey unique to them.. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.