Recruitment Lead - Technical
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Recruitment Lead.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.Thought Machine are undergoing rapid expansion- we are looking for a Recruitment Lead to join our team.
Reporting to our Director of Recruitment, you will help build the team and drive the recruitment process for an integral part of our business.
- Work with teams from across Thought Machine, to understand recruitment needs and achieve ambitious recruitment goals
- Work with hiring managers to clarify requirements, write clear role profiles and identify appropriate recruitment channels in order to build a strong pipeline of great candidates
- Develop tailored strategies for hiring across different roles and levels – e.g. students, interns, experienced hires etc
- Manage every step of the recruitment process to ensure that all candidates have a great experience when they interview with Thought Machine
- Continuously look for ways to enhance the recruitment process, e.g. by gathering feedback from all candidates and researching techniques used by other firms to attract talent
- Promote Thought Machine and our employee value proposition among prospective candidates
- Assist with building and coaching the team
- Experience in recruiting across technical roles
- Advanced sourcing techniques
- Comfortable with numbers and able to draw insights from analytics to make our hiring process smarter and more efficient
- Good attention to detail
- Highly organised – able to stay on top of the recruitment process for each candidate
- Able to balance both the day-to-day recruitment as well as strategic projects to develop ways of further enhancing our recruitment drive
- Able to quickly understand candidates’ motivations and needs, as well as the needs of hiring managers
- Hungry to find the best possible talent – ambitious, driven, hard working and uncompromising
- Experience with management and coaching
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge rage of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.