Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Product Manager.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
As a Product Manager, you will define and deliver the next generation of banking software. Within this role, you will work cross functionally, responsible for key product verticals within our main product, Vault.
- Being a customer champion who understands end user problems as well as competitive and market trends in the core banking space.
- Partnering with teams across Thought Machine to build products that will scale to banks of all sizes, globally.
- Collate feature requests from customers and assess requests in terms of existing capabilities and roadmap.
- Engage in requirements gathering sessions with banks and be able to marry a bank's requirements and terminology with Thought Machine's internal engineering plans.
- Engaging closely with the engineering and delivery teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Effectively gathering requirements from stakeholders and driving feature prioritisation.
- Defining and measuring key metrics and KPIs for long-term success of the product vertical.
- Produce professional documentation and communication to clients, partners and internal teams.
- Product Management experience, ideally in a top-tier technology company.
- Deep knowledge of banking industry technology and terminology.
- Proven experience of managing senior stakeholders across the organisation, often with competing aims, to achieve a clear and agreed roadmap
- Proficient when it comes to agile practices and process
- Experience in a SaaS cloud computing deployment environment
- Previously a software engineer who has switched to product management
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (including dental & optical)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Onsite gym
- Sports and hobby clubs, subsidised by Thought Machine
- All the latest tech you need
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Huge rage of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, smoothies, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
- Weekly food pop up
- Monthly social with arcade games
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.