Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion. Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
As part of its expansion Thought Machine has created a new role of Executive Assistant (EA). The successful candidate will perform EA duties for the CEO and the entire C-suite of Thought Machine.
- Organise and schedule meetings
- Prepare meeting agendas and take minutes during meetings
- Book business travel arrangements, including flights, transportation, and accomodation
- Answer phones and field calls where necessary
- Manage the diaries and schedules of senior management.
- Communicate with Board Members, schedule Board Meetings, and arrange meeting agendas
- Liaise with clients and business guests
- Organise media appearances and events
- Liaise with other staff members on behalf of senior management
- Deputise as Office Manager when the Office Manager is away or unavailable
- Perform personal admin tasks for senior management
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, where processes and the working environment is constantly changing
- Can-do spirit: Thought Machine is growing rapidly and new challenges arise every day. This is a role for someone who doesn’t mind rolling their sleeves up and diving in to new tasks
- Excellent secretarial skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint & Google Suite
- Good social skills at work - Thought Machine has a friendly, hard working and supportive culture and as EA you will be at the centre of much of the activity. It is essential you add to the culture
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!