Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Marketing Manager.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
The appointed Marketing Manager will play a central and hands on role in Thought Machine’s newly formed marketing function, with an exciting and broad remit across the marketing mix that will play a key role in driving marketing generated pipeline in a rapidly growing, high-tech start-up focussed on the banking industry.
You will understand the importance of understanding the market’s dynamics and be passionate about securing our position within it. You will strive to understand the customer, shaping our approaches to segmentation, personas and value propositions and use this knowledge to enable the construction of messages that resonate.
You will construct and execute targeted marketing plans, aligned with business and sales strategies. Recognising the value of paths of least resistance, your demand generation campaigns will make choices to drive focus on the things that will make a difference and lessen distractions, embracing ROI as the key measure of your success. You will drive a methodical approach that leads from strategy to tactics rather than the other way around.
You will be comfortable working across the marketing mix and with colleagues across marketing and beyond. You will take pride in constructing and owning marketing budgets and the responsibilities that entails. Global agency selection and management will also be key to success.
· Leading the understanding of the marketplace, our customers and our value proposition from a marketing perspective
· Working closely with the sales function to understand the shape of their sales priorities, ensuring the activities of marketing support the achievement of the sales targets
· Creating carefully crafted marketing plans utilising colleagues, tools and agencies to drive demand generation
· Executing marketing and campaign activities in view of the marketing plan including 1st and 3rd party events, hospitality and applicable digital spend
· Spearheading the creation of content to support the marketing priorities, from sales enablement material to the website, thought leadership and PR and working closely with the communications team
· Acting as an ambassador to the Thought Machine brand· Managing the marketing budget, tracking spend and measuring return on investment
· 5+ years of related marketing experience
· Degree in marketing or related professional qualifications preferred
· Good written English and presentation skills
· Strong analytical and project management skills
· Knowledge of CRM systems and budget management
· Confident and dynamic personality that is willing to roll up the sleeves to drive change and results
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality outputs
· Familiarity and comfort with a wide range of desktop productivity and publishing software· Excellent communication skills and able to build rapport with a wide range of contacts