Front End Engineer
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Front End Engineer.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
Front End Engineers at Thought Machine are responsible for the development of web and mobile apps. We develop the apps bank customers use to do their day to day banking and also the apps that banking staff use to operate the bank.
Front End Engineering at Thought Machine is applied as a rigorous engineering discipline with the same emphasis on software engineering best practices such as unit testing, continuous development and code reviews, as with Back End Engineering.
- An engineer’s attention to detail and a passion for writing clean, readable, properly tested code.
- Experience of building large, complex Single Page Applications in a scalable and maintainable way.
- React experience, or if not and are experienced with another major framework (Angular, Vue, MobX) ability to learn React.
- Experience with Typescript.
- React Native, redux, redux-saga and GraphQL.
- Native development - Swift, Objective C, or Android
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!