Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of Technical Analysts.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
This is a key role within Thought Machine which links the engineering and client engagement functions. As a technical analyst, your role will be to interact with clients, understand their requirements and provide guidance to the engineering teams.
- Requirements analysis: validate client requirements against existing Vault capabilities; transform requirements into detailed specifications for implementation by engineering teams; gather and incorporate feedback on specification from client and engineering teams.
- Impart knowledge of Thought Machine products to client teams – both from a functional banking-oriented perspective and a technical systems-oriented perspective; serve as a primary technical point of contact for our clients.
- Solution architecture: provide technical advice and design work on integration engineering with partners and other third-party systems; provide technical input and scoping on deliverables design, considering high-level architecture through to code implementation; provide clients with advice on the wider bank architecture that Vault will be deployed within.
- Delivery: ensuring that teams are aligned, blockers are unblocked and that deliverables are released on time; prioritise and manage backlog, working with client and engineering teams to plan sprints; manage day to day sprint communication and reporting; organise client demos; triage defects and work with the relevant engineering teams to define an approach to a resolution.
We don’t expect a candidate to be exceptional across all of these areas. Instead, we are looking for those who are particularly strong in at least one area and can demonstrate competency across others.
- Ability to learn how Thought Machine’s technology works at both a product feature level and at a deep technical level, understanding the system and component interactions that enable product functionality.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical concepts to a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in commercial situations, think on your feet and propose solutions to complex technology problems.
- Prior experience writing code. As a bonus, evidence of being a polyglot programmer of a certain capacity.
- Ability to operate independently. While there will be support from the engineering teams, you will be required to handle client situations on your own and handle multiple aspects of the engagement.
- Experience gathering and analysing customer requirements, creating specifications and working with engineering functions to implement solutions.
- Direct experience of delivering technology projects into financial institutions.
- Experience with Agile software delivery practices.
- Knowledge/Hands-on experience with the following tech stack: Python, Go, Java, Typescript, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK Stack, AWS, Google Cloud and other Cloud Technologies.
- Candidates from client-facing integration, implementation engineering or solution architecture backgrounds are ideal for this role, including those who have worked for B2B software product companies or have experience in delivering products into enterprise firms.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!