Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Release Manager to join the team.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.Thought Machine employs a state of the art continuous deployment software methodology to manage and deploy all of its software. It faces unique challenges of deployment & management of multiple customer environments and hence is looking for experienced individuals who can manage this release process end to end.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that the main weekly release happens in a reliable and timely fashion.
- Responsibility for releases to senior management and customers.
- Management of multiple environments, both customer-facing and internal.
- Continuously monitor deployment of new features, test status, general health of the system and progress of releases.
- Managing production of release notes to be presented to Thought Machine’s customers.
- Leading continuous process improvement in the release cycle, including analysis of previous performance & post-mortems where necessary.
- Management of dashboards and other metrics and tools which monitor the release.
- Working with engineers & stakeholders to understand shortcomings in the process & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience in agile continuous deployment of software.
- Experience of deployment of software to cloud computing platforms.
- Ability to work well across teams, with software engineers, commercial team and project teams.
- Good judgement of risk and commercial and technical priorities. Ability to manage competing requirements in meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of modern cloud computing technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, etc.
- Familiarity of managing software deployment & maintenance with multiple customers and at multiple versions.
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!