IT Security Operations Engineer
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a number of candidates in the role of IT Security Operation Engineers.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel.
Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.As an IT Security Operations Engineer, you will part of the security team and support the IT team in looking after the security of the corporate space. You will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring and management of IT corporate security tools and processes in line with Thought Machine security standards and ISO 27000 certification control requirements.
- Automate administrative security tasks.
- Comfortable conducting administrative hands on tasks when required.
- Ability to switch context, prioritize, own and complete security operational tasks.
- Provide analysis, assessment and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices.
- Analyse potential cyber threats from a variety of intakes taking appropriate response actions to include threat containment and/or escalation.
- A good understanding of networks, security and patch management.
- Develop bespoke security monitoring tools.
- Automate the security management of OSS based corporate infrastructure.
- Solid linux administration experience.
- Entreprise Gsuite security management.
- Develop and maintain security monitoring, logging and auditing.
- Co-ordination of Vulnerability Scanning, Management & Remediation.
- Security Device Patching, Patch Management and Server hardening.
- Conduct periodic user access control assessments
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills & customer facing skills
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- SME Cisco network management
- Secure Web Filtering & Data Loss Protection
- ISO 27000 security controls requirements
- Mobile Device Management
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks, tea and coffee
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!