Lead Technical Writer
Thought Machine, one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire a Lead Technical Writer.
Our mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform, which cripples their ability to innovate and give their customers the type of service they deserve.
Our solution to this is Vault: a complete retail banking platform that is capable of being configured easily to suit the needs of any bank. We have built Vault from the ground up as a cloud native, microservice API architecture platform. Thought Machine has a deep culture of engineering excellence, and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course our irreverent sense of fun.
Thought Machine hires team members of excellent calibre in every role. While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel. Working at Thought Machine is fast paced and team oriented with an emphasis in delivering the highest quality work in every role.
The Lead Technical Writer, will be working closely with our C Suite, Engineering, Product and Delivery team.
- Ownership and delivery of the technical documentation roadmap
- Defining, Tracking, Reviewing and Signing off technical documentation
- Ongoing management of all technical documentation
- Technical authoring with Engineering
- Display ideas and solutions graphically
- Experience working with technical SME’s
- Have technical knowledge about how APIs are built and how they are used
- Experience of managing projects
- Use of Git or other version control systems is beneficial
- Have impeccable written English and the ability to write consistently and concisely
- Review and proofread other writers' work
- Experience of managing other Technical Writers
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Healthcare (including dental & optical)
- Other perks like sports clubs, healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) snacks and drinks
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where you can learn and progress
- Friday team wrap up with drinks and food!